Green Mountaineer Online: Children
Read these diaries of Vermont children from the late 1800s. How are their lives similar to yours? How are they different?
Want to learn more about Vermont schools in the 1800s?
- No Busses, No Electricity, No School Lunch!
- History Hidden in the Paper World of Ephemera: Schools
- Schoolgirl Engraver
Do you have a pet chicken or pig? Some Vermont kids did:
What did children do for fun in the past? Maybe the same things that you do!
- The Circus and Fair: A Summertime Delight
- What It Meant To Shoot the Chute
- History Hidden in the Paper World of Ephemera: Camps
Annie Ide, a girl from St. Johnsbury, didn't like having a birthday on Christmas day. So she got a new birthday!
Do you like jokes and riddles? Check out these from over a 100 years ago!
Copy and paste this citation to show where you did your research.
Vermont Historical Society. "Green Mountaineer Online: Children." Vermont History Explorer. Accessed April 12, 2021. https://vermonthistoryexplorer.org/gmo-children